What incompatible water can cause
Poultry diseases incompatible water can cause. Incompatible Water plays a deadly role in the poultry system. Farmers Who don’t examine to know the source of their water can invent an unconditional disease to their farm. The unconditional disease includes cholera, fowl typhoid, and diarrhea and these diseases can kill in a jiffy if left untreated.
An acute intestinal infection caused by ingestion of contaminated water or food. ‘
A serious infection marked by intestinal inflammation and ulceration; caused by Salmonella typhosa ingested with food or water.
Frequent and watery bowel movements; can be a symptom of infection or food poisoning or colitis or a gastrointestinal tumor; diarrhea; looseness of the bowels.
READ ALSO: Water: The Most Important Nutrient (1)
Places you shouldn’t consider as Water source in poultry system
Poultry water shouldn’t be gotten from sea, well, river, and lake. Water stored in a water tank for more than 3months shouldn’t be used in the poultry system.
- There are things you need to practice as a precaution to your farm. Immediately your birds are 4weeks, raise their drinker and feeder above their legs so that they won’t corrupt their feed and water with dirt’s especially wood shaving particles.
- Ensure the source of your water supply is not gotten from rainfall.
- Ensure you don’t serve them water bought from companies that supply water ( example there are tankers which supply water to engineers building houses, some farmers who live in places where borehole is rare always hire those water supply agent to supply them water right from their company), Do not practice this because most times they don’t fetch their water from borehole, they fetch it from streams.
- Always wash your tank where water is stored (G-pee tank container) every two months with detergent but not a disinfectant.
- Ensure your poultry water supply is direct from a borehole and the water is not older than 1month.
- Ensure the cover of your tank is closed, if not closed, mosquitoes I’ll lay eggs in the water which will result as pathogens to your birds.
The establishment of a direct borehole in poultry farms is mandatory and should be any farmer priority if not, the water gotten elsewhere is 95% to result as pathogens that will cause 100% mortality in your farm.
Other articles we have written that will help your farm grow
- These are pests and rodents you need to keep off your farm
- What is Subsistence and commercial poultry farming in the agricultural system, and why free-range chicken is a resistor to diseases than a caged chicken
- 8 factors that deprive growth in poultry birds
- How drug dosage error will kill your flock in a short time if you don’t practice precaution in poultry farming
In my next article i will teach on How & factors combating stunted growth in poultry birds in the agricultural system