One important thing in life to do things in the best way we can. As a food lover, I have put together some quick tips you might find very useful.
1. Always use wooden spoons or spatula to stir. They help your food to not get burnt easily.
2. If you’re adding crayfish to porridge or jollof rice, add it last, while their is still a little water above the rice and don’t stir until the water is almost dried up. After mixing it all together, reduce the heat on your cooker to avoid having your food burnt.
3. When preparing pap(akamu or ogi) or custard, if the water boiled for too long, keep a little cold water close. As soon as you pour IJ the jot water, pour a little cold water on the mixture and mix quickly. It helps the pap not have stones in it.
4. Vegetables are best eaten fresh. That way, you avoid their losing important nutrients and nourishing your body in the best way. Unless used regularly, only buy them when you need them and and avoid storing them under frozen conditions.
5. Before frying meat, as raw steak or parboiled, spice it up and allow to stand for several hours. You meat will turn tastier than you’ve ever had.
6. If you’re making soup, best to divide and store the portion that will be used later without adding vegetables to it. That way, you can eat your veggies fresh when you’re ready to eat that portion.
7. Spices (sachet) should be added in time so as to allow them cook. They contain preservatives which should be allowed to be softened by heat before consumption. DO NOT ADD THEM LATE!
There will be more articles to this effect but for now, enjoy!
Do you have any other tips? Let us know in the comments.
More from standcode
Ezeani Uchechukwu, AKA Saddam Ninhor, currently undergoing B. TECH programme in Microbiology at Federal University of Technology, Owerri. Despite his science roots, he loves to dabble with words in short stories, poems and also shares knowledge of household and relationship efficiency.
He sets simple goals, working at his own pace to achieve them. This is greatly inspired by the words of Zig Ziglar; “go as far as you can see, when you get there, you will see further.”
Social media: Saddam Ninhor(Facebook).